How do we use and protect your data?
We are The Halston Hotel, 20-34 Warwick Road, Carlisle, CA1 1AB. This policy outlines how we are committed to protecting and preserving the privacy of our visitors when visiting our site or communicating electronically with us.
By using our website and communicating with us electronically, you are agreeing to be bound by this policy. If you have any questions please contact us on email@example.com.
How do we collect your information?
In running and operating this website we may collect and process certain data and information relating to you and your use of this site. Your privacy is important to us and we will never release your data to a third party for mailing or marketing purposes.
What data do we collect?
- Details of visits to our website and the pages and resources that are accessed, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data that may assist us in understanding how visitors use this website. This may also include the resources that you access, and information about where you are on the internet including the domain type, IP address and URL that you came from. This information is collected and used for our internal research purposes and to improve our customer service.
- The personal information we collect might include your name, address, email address, IP address, and information relating to what pages are accessed and when. This information is recorded and sent to third-party processors for the purposes of data analysis, to improve our marketing and for targeting specific services.
- Information that you may provide to us as a result of filling in forms on our website, such as when a visitor registers for information, signing up for our newsletter or information provided to us when you communicate with us electronically for any reason. If you contact us, we may keep a record of your email and any other correspondence.
How do we use your information?
- to ensure that the content on the site is presented in the best way for you and the computer that you use;
- to enable you to participate in interactive features of our website;
- to provide you with information relating to our website, or services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information on other services that we feel may be of interest to you in line with those you have previously expressed an interest in via our website;
- to seek your views or comments on the services we provide;
- to notify you about any changes to our website, including improvements, and service changes;
- to send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you. These may include information about our rooms, dining offers, events or news
- for our internal purposes including statistical, quality control, site performance and evaluation in order to make improvements;
- to administer this website; and
- if you consent, to notify you of our services that may be of interest to you.
If you are under 16
Please make sure you have parental content before you submit any data to us.
How long do you keep my information?
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, please remember that you can withdraw your consent for our marketing material by clicking the unsubscribe button found at the foot of our emails. We may still need to hold some of your data, to comply with tax or legal regulations.
Third Party Service Providers working on our behalf:
We may pass your information to our third-party service providers, agents subcontractors and other associated organisations for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf (for example our email marketing is handled by MailChimp). However, when we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure. For a list of our third party service providers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be reassured that we will not release your information to third parties for their marketing use, unless you have asked us to, or we are required to do so by law, for example, by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime.
How can I opt out?
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us. We won’t make contact with you unless you have opted in. If then, you no longer want to receive direct marketing communications from us you can change your preferences or completely unsubscribe in one of two ways:
- Click the ‘unsubscribe’ or ‘change preferences’ link at the bottom of marketing emails sent to you
- Email email@example.com and we will process your request within 7 days
It’s important that we hold accurate information for you, if you wish to make any changes to your data, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right to access any information that we hold about you, for a copy please email or write to us at email@example.com or Data Protection Officer, The Halston, 20-34 Warwick Road, Carlisle, CA1 1AB.
We follow steps to ensure your data is properly secured and protected, despite best intentions there can be break-ins, laptops or mobiles stolen or servers compromised. We have a policy in place which means we can identify which data will be affected and we will be able to inform the authorities if this should happen.
How we use ‘cookies’
We may also use the cookies to gather information about your general internet use to further assist is in developing our website. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer automatically. This cookie file is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive and then stored there and transferred to us where appropriate to help us to improve our website and the service that we provide to you.
It is possible to switch off cookies by adjusting your browser preferences or using a dedicated browser extension. For more information on cookies, please visit https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/
Links to other websites
We may link to other websites on our site, because this information may be important or useful to you. By clicking on these links you understand that we aren’t responsible for any content, privacy policies and practices of other sites even if you access them using links from our website.
In addition, if you were referred to our website from a third-party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third-party site and recommend that you check their policies.
Transferring your information outside of Europe
As part of the services offered to you through this website, the information which you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside the European Union (“EU”). By way of example, this may happen if any of our servers are from time to time located in a country outside of the EU. These countries may not have similar data protection laws to the UK. By submitting your personal data, you’re agreeing to this transfer, storing or processing. If we transfer your information outside of the EU in this way, we will take steps to ensure that appropriate security measures are taken with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
If you use our services while you are outside the EU, your information may be transferred outside the EU in order to provide you with those services.
We would like to reassure you that The Halston Aparthotel are committed to looking after your data. If you do have any questions on the above, or our compliance with data protection or the new GDPR regulations, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org at The Halston, 20-34 Warwick Road, Carlisle, CA1 1AB.